My new recipe: Baked Portobello mushroom stuffed with chicken and top with shredded cheddar cheese. After baking, some of the mushroom's moisture has evaporated. The reduced moisture concentrates and enriches the flavor and creates a dense, meaty texture. I served it with avocado and tomato salad (http://salad.allrecipes.com/AZ/vcdndTmtSld.asp), it was great combination.
Recipe (2 Servings):
- 2 portobello mushrooms, clean and remove the stem
- 3 tbsp chedder cheese
- 150gm chicken breast meat, cubed
- 1/4 onion, sliced
- 2-3 tbsp tomato puree or ketchup
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/8 tsp dried thyme
- 3-4 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 180 oC.
- Sauté onion and chicken with olive oil on medium heat for about 2 minutes. Add in paprika, thyme, tomato puree, water, salt and pepper and let it simmer of about 5 minutes to reduce the sauce.
- Stuff Portobello mushroom with chicken, top with shredded cheddar cheese. Bake for 10-15 minutes.