Popiah Hands On

I had been thinking of mum's popiah (spring roll) lately, decided to make some myself few days ago. I had no problem preparing the filling but for the wrapper I made it based on my memory. I was like a child demonstrated deferred-imitation behaviour, which is copying my mum's action when making the wrapper. I tried to "catch" the batter like my mum did but it slipped away from my palm. I was laughing at the mess I made. At the end, I gave up and used spoon to spread the batter onto the pan. Overall, my popiah was still taste nice.

I made some wrappers for roasted duck the next day, somehow I managed to hold the batter and spread it onto the pan with my hand. Yeah... a milestone achieved. My next milestone will be making a bigger size wrapper. Ganbatte!

Comments :

1
Anonymous said...
on 

Hello,
care to share the recipe for the popiah skin?
tks.

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs
 

Please Ask First

© 2005 - 2016 by Lydia Teh My Kitchen All Rights Reserved Do NOT republish any or part of contents and photographs without prior written consent from My Kitchen. E-mail: lydia_teh[at]yahoo[dot]com

Free subscription to MK, enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner