Mini pita bread - new taste for breakfast. This bread is similar to chapatti in term of appearance and way of making. However, chapatti does not contain yeast and it is thinner.
Original recipe from My Resipi.
Ingredients (8 x 5"):
200gm bread flour
50g all purpose flour
150g warm water
15g olive oil or cooking oil
2.5g dry yeast
- Dissolve yeast in warm water, add sugar and cooking oil.
- Sift in flours and salt, knead well to form soft dough.
- Cover dough with damp cloth and let rise for 45 minutes or until doubled in size.
- Punch down dough and divide into 8 portions. Shape each portion into small ball, and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 230C.
- Roll out dough on slightly floured surface, make a 5" wide circle and let rest for another 10 minutes.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 4-5 minutes.