Went to butcher yesterday asked the lady boss for 500gm lean meat, she picked up a big chunk of really lean meat and cut a small piece for me. I was wondering why the colour of meat looked little darker than usual. Today, when I got it out from the freezer I was 80% sure that it is not pork because it was bloody red! Cooked it and tasted it... 100% sure it is beef.
Tak does not like Aussie beef that much... was a bit worry how to finish it. Cooked the style that he like for dinner and added halved lime to add extra tangy to get rid of beefy taste. Kind of sweet and sour taste... we just love it!
Ingredients (2 servings):
200gm beef, thinly sliced
1/2 tsp corn flour
1 small onion, sliced
2 cloves garlic, sliced
1 tbsp Kikkoman soy sauce
1/2 tbsp sugar
Pinch of dashi powder or salt
1 tbsp Sake
1/4 cup water
- Coat beef with corn flour and set aside.
- Heat oil in non-stick pan with medium heat, saute garlic and onion until onion is soften.
- Stir in beef, cook until it is almost done.
- Add in soy sauce and sugar, cook until the sauce is dried.
- Add water and bring to boil. Remove from heat once it started to boil.
- Stir in Sake, garnish with coriander or shallot and serve with lime.
Note: I placed some boiled veggies under the beef, tasted good as the veggies soaked up the sauce.