Tak asked for blueberry muffin but I baked him banana muffin with walnuts! hehe... But, I used the blueberry muffin recipe I jotted down somewhere. His comments: I need more banana... sweeter (he likes very sweet one)... bla...bla... since when he learned to comment? Let's see the result tomorrow... he asked for the same muffin for tomorrow's breakfast.
Ingredients (makes 6):
- 1¼ cup all purpose flour
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 60g unsalted butter, softened
- ¼ cup caster sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla essence
- 1 egg, beaten
- ¼ cup buttermilk
- Handful of chopped walnuts
- 1 banana, mashed
- Preheat oven to 190C.
- Mix and sift together all ingredient except walnuts. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter with sugar until creamy. Stir in vanilla essence and egg, whisk until combined.
- Fold in flour mixture and butter milk in batches. Stir in mashed banana and walnuts.
- Spoon mixture into muffin cup and sprinkle some walnuts on the top. Bake for 5 minutes at 190C, turn down the oven temperature to 175C and bake for another 15 minutes.
Check out the collection of muffinds from around the world at the round up.