My almost forgotten pinwheel cookie. Baked them this morning after baked the egg tarts for breakfast. I baked them for 5 minutes at 180C then turned the oven off and continued to bake with the remaining heat until the oven is cooled down. Took them out in the evening... very crispy.
4 sheet puff pastry (+/- 18cm x 18cm per sheet)
3 tbsp castor sugar
1 tsp cinnamon powder
- Mix together sugar and cinnamon powder. Transfer into a shaker, if any.
- Put puff pastry on kitchen bench till it is roll-able. Sprinkle cinnamon sugar evenly over a sheet of puff pastry, roll it up loosely then slice into about 0.5 cm thick circles. Put them straight onto a baking tray lined with baking paper. Repeat this step for the rest of puff pastry.
- Preheat oven at 180C, bake for 10 minutes or till browned lightly.
- Cool on rack.
- If oven is available, use 180C for 5 minutes then leave cookies in the oven till cool completely.
- Roll and cut the puff pastry when it is still cold, it will be too soft to handle if completely defrosted.