Made two types of cheesecakes yesterday, Blueberry Rare Cheesecake and Cotton Soft Japanese Cheesecake. The blueberry rare cheesecake is sandwiched between Japanese cheesecakes. It is suprisingly light and refreshing, tastes very different from the cheesecakes I usually bake. I guess this is the only cheesecake I would ever pig out.
Yummy cake in making... first I baked this Japanese cheesecake. Then I made rare cheesecake with Ringo's simple strawberry rare cheesecake recipe. You should see her rare cheesecake, beutiful!
* * *
Cotton Soft Japanese Cheesecake (recipe by Alma at MyResipi.com)
125gm cream cheese
50ml fresh milk
3 eggs, separated
1 tbsp lemon juice
Pinch of salt
30g cake flour
10g corn flour
70g caster sugar
Pinch of cream of tartar
- Preheat oven to 160C. Line the bottom of a 8" spring form pan with baking paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, melt together cream cheese, butter and milk using microwave or double-boil method.
- Stir in egg yolks into cream cheese mixture in batches. Stir well after each addition.
- Stir in lemon juice and salt, mix well.
- Sift in cake flour and corn flour. Set aside for later use.
- In a clean mixing bowl, beat egg white with cream of tartar until soft peak. Add in sugar in batches and continue to beat until peak.
- Fold in cream cheese mixture and transfer batter into baking pan.
- Bake with water bath for 50 minutes. Cool completely on rack
Double the measurement if you want to make a full 8" size cheesecake.
* * * * *
(updated on 11 April 2007)
Blueberry Rare Cheesecake, adapted from Ringo's Strawberry Cheesecake recipe.
- 100gm frozen blueberry
- 125gm cream cheese
- 100gm fresh cream
- 3 tbsp fresh milk
- 30gm sugar
- ¼ tbsp lemon juice
- # 2½ tsp gelatin
- # ¼ cup hot water
Directions (3 ramekins or thin layer in 8" pan):
- Bring all ingredients except those marked with # to room temperature, then blend together using blender or food processor until smooth. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together gelatin with hot water and stir until all gelatin is dissolved.
- Pour gelatin mixture into (1), pulse the blender to mix.
- Pour the mixture into ramekins or pan and chill in refridgerator until set.