Lunch today, Japanese style stir-fried spaghettini. Felt like eating yaki udon but there was not any udon in stock, so subbed udon with spaghettini. It tasted really good, a little bit of mirin made a big different. I cooked it with a lot of vegetables, like the one we ate at Fujiya.
Ingredients (2 servings):
100gm chicken breast meat, sliced thinly
1 tsp corn flour
½ cup chopped capsicum
½ cup chopped cabbage
½ cup shredded carrot
½ cup chopped onion
1-2 tbsp kikkoman soy sauce
½ tbsp mirin
1 tsp cooking oil
Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook spaghetti with pinch of salt for 8-10 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Coat chicken with corn flour and set aside.
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan, add in chicken and cook well.
- Add in all vegetable and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes.
- Add in cooked spaghettini, soy sauce and mirin. Stir well and cook until sauce is absorbed by pasta.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
Japanese cookings use no or little garlic but the choice is yours.