Cotton Soft Japanese Cheesecake (recipe by Alma at MyResipi.com), I also baked this cake with the same recipe.
250gm cream cheese
100ml fresh milk
6 egg yolks
1 tbsp lemon juice
1/4 tsp salt
60g cake flour
20g corn flour
6 egg whites
140g caster sugar
Pinch of cream of tartar
- Preheat oven to 160C. Line the bottom of a 8" spring form pan with baking paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, melt together cream cheese, butter and milk using microwave or double-boil method.
- Stir in egg yolks into cream cheese mixture in batches. Stir well after each addition.
- Stir in lemon juice and salt, mix well.
- Sift in cake flour and corn flour, fold until just combined. Set aside for later use.
- In a clean mixing bowl, beat egg whites with cream of tartar until foamy. Add in sugar in batches and continue to beat soft peak formed.
- Fold in cream cheese mixture and transfer batter into baking pan.
- Bake with water bath for 60 minutes. Cool completely on rack.