Asked T what sweet he would like to have for tea today, he requested brownies (as base) with the moist chocolate cake I baked the other day. Looked at the clock and after 2 seconds negotiation with him, he settled on just brownies.
This is a cake-like brownies with sugar reduced. Instead of adding chopped walnuts in it, I sprinkled some chocolate chips on the top for the "nutty" texture. As its name suggests, you need only one bowl to make this brownies. Less washing... The chocoholic is contented with his brownies, baker is happy too.
Ingredients (9" pan):
100gm unsweetened chocolate
2 tbsp milk
¼ tsp vanilla essence
120gm all-purpose flour, sifted
80gm chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 180 degree C. Grease and dust the pan with some flour.
- In a large mixing bowl, bring together butter and chocolate. Microwave on high for 2 minutes or until chocolate is melted. Mix well.
- Whisk in sugar, eggs, milk and vanilla essence. Whisk until the sugar is melted.
- Stir in flour follow with chopped walnuts, mix until combined.
- Transfer mixture into the pan and bake for 35 minutes.