I have started the routine of preparing three meals during the weekdays even though cooked food are readily available here. Now T has more time to spend with me since he is sometimes work from home. The bento box is now on long holiday!!
For lunch, I like something quick and easy like this one everything was ready in 30 minutes. First, start with cooking the rice first, then prepare the meat. Second, prepare the veggies while marinating the meat, then get ready the serving plate while frying the cutlets.
Ingredients (2-3 servings):
- 200g pork mince (can be subbed with beef or chicken)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cm ginger, minced
- 2 tbsp chopped onion
- 1 tbsp chopped carrot
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp bread crumb
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- Few drops sesame oil
- Pinch of pepper
- Pinch of salt
- *Extra bread crumb for coating
- Mix together all ingredients except * in a mixing bowl. Stir in the same direction (so that the mince holds together better and produce firmer texture) and mix well. Keep the mixture in the fridge for 5-10 minutes.
- Divide mixture into 4-6 equal portions, coat each portion with bread crumb and flatten it slightly.
- Deep-fry cutlets with medium heat till golden brown.