Been busy with the little one recently and hard to find time for myself. When come to baking, always look for simple recipe. Something quick and easy yet able to satisfy my craving for cake. The original recipe was to make plain swiss roll, I made some adjustment and subbed some flour with cocoa powder for this cake.
4 large eggs
80g castor sugar
25g cocoa powder
25g corn flour
50g all-purpose flour
60g melted butter
1 tbsp cold milk
- Preheat oven to 180degC.
- Grease 10x15" baking tray and line with baking paper.
- Mix all flour together and sift. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs for 1 minutes then stir in sugar. Continue to beat for another 4 minutes or till the mixture is pale in colour.
- Stir in milk then fold in flour mixture.
- Stir in melted butter.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 12-15 minutes.
- Turn the cake onto a tea towel, remove the baking paper. Then spread with filling and roll it up with the help of the tea towel. Cool on rack.