Mom's Style Braised Sea Cucumber (老妈子的焖海参)

Braised Sea Cucumber

This is one of mom's signature dishes we grown up with. Having said that, we could only have it during Chinese New Years or major celebrations. Those precious sea cucumbers were from my uncles they used to buy us some dried seafood from east of Malaysia whenever they visited us.

One of my nephews would never eat sea cucumber he asked why we eat those "worms" from the sea? He saw the live sea cucumber once when they went to the beach. Do you like the worm from the sea? Or... have you tasted it yet?

Comments

  1. Not many pple (except my parents' generation)like sea cucumber but I'm a weirdo. I love perfectly braised sea cucumber :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love sea cucumber!! Stumbled upon your blog when I was searching for Pai Tee. Love your blog... all the yummy dishes and wonderful pictures. I will take my time to browse :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My parents and older relatives adore sea cucumbers but I've never liked them even as a child. I too thought of them as worms!

    ReplyDelete
  4. tigerfish, mycookinghut & nilmandra: My parents' generation and my sis' generation loving sea cucumber. I am not a fan of it, but I do eat it once awhile. My hb loves it!

    When I was young, I hate washing them... cos they are stink! :d

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm chinese indonesian and I also don't like the sea cucumber because the taste is so chewy haha. However, my parents like it so much. I'm also shock how your mother of sea cucumber is similar with my parent's version.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by.
Have a wonderful day ☆彡
(Comment with an ads link will be deleted.)