Durians are so cheap now in here, I am not talking about those with "class" ya. Durians in this area are usually sold by owners of the durian farms. Beware of the roadside durian stalls between Kampar and Ipoh, they are charging triple or even higher if your car registeration plate is not local. We bought twice from the roadside stalls, very expensive! Why did we buy then? It was simply that we did not know the so called market price of durian in here. The price we set in our mind was for the "classy" durian in KL. After first time, second time and n time buying from the seller at local market, we confirmed that we were "cheated" by the roadside sellers.
Been buying durian almost every weekend for the last few weeks. T loves durian too but he is a small eater, unlike me... a hungry ghost for durian. Could not get enough but I do feel guilty of eating too much durian though. Sugar! Sugar! Sugar! High! High! High!
Ingredients (5-6 pcs):
- 80g All-purpose Flour
- ¾ tsp Baking Powder
- 60g Castor Sugar
- 1 no. Egg (L), lightly beaten
- 60g Butter, melted
- 60ml Milk
- ½ tsp Vanilla Essence
- ½ cup Durian Puree
- Additional durian flesh for topping (optional)
- Preheat oven to 175degC.
- In a large mixing bowl, sift and mix together flour, baking powder and sugar. Make a well in the middle and add in egg, butter, milk and vanilla.
- Stir to combine, then add in durian puree. Stir till just combined.
- Fill each muffin cup up to 80% full, top with durian flesh then bake for 20-25 minutes.
Finally I found this muffin cup that I long for. I like it very much but the price is a bit expensive for me, it is about RM0.25 each. Does anyone have cheaper supply of this cup?