Almond Biscotti / 意大利脆饼 / ビスコッティ [CNY Bakes 2012]

Almond Biscotti

Almond biscotti, a cookie that associated with sweet memory. N years ago when my hubby (boy friend then) and I were separated almost 2000 miles by sea, I sent him home-made biscotti. It was the thick version, quite hard in texture but he liked it with coffee. The story followed, I gave some to one of my colleagues she said her 2-year old son used it as a drumstick!!


Okay, story time is over. I baked five types of simple cookies for the coming Chinese New Year, pineapple tart, orange-butter cookies, green pea cookies, oatmeal cookies (almost gone) and this thin almond biscotti. No more almond london, elegant and yummy but too time consuming.


Almond Biscotti Recipe
Source: Ms Norhidayatee

Ingredients:
3 egg whites (large egg)
Pinch of salt
1 tsp vanilla essence
100 g castor sugar
120 g cake flour, sifted
200 g unbleached whole almond

Methods:
  1. Whisk egg whites with pinch of salt till foamy, add in vanilla essence, and sugar in batches and continue to whisk till stiff peaks.
  2. Fold in flour and mix till just blended. Add in almond and mix briefly.
  3. Transfer batter onto a baking tray line with baking paper, divide and mould it into two 8cm X 20cm rectangles. Smooth the surface with a spatula.
  4. Bake in preheated oven, 170C for 20 minutes. Cool completely, wrap with cling wrap and keep in the fridge for 1-2 days.
  5. Then, slice thinly and bake at 150C for 10 to 12 minutes. Cool completely on wire rack and store in an airtight container.

Cook notes:
  1. Each oven behaves differently, pay attention to oven temperature and baking time especially the second baking. 
  2. The baking time is also depend on the thickness of  biscotti, I cut mine quite thin so baked them not more than 10 minutes.

Almond Biscotti

Comments

  1. hi there..
    this one looks as good as the apam balik..

    do u mind sharing the recipe?
    and yes, to the same email
    syafira27@yahoo.com

    thanks a whole lot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. syafira,
    Recipe sent. Hope your almond slices won't be as brown as mine. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi,
    i able to share the recipe with me too??? ... if possible can send to elaineshim79@yahoo.com.sg

    thnks
    elaine

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi.
    if u don't mind sharing the recipe. i have been looking for the recipe but didn't get a good one. your looks good. do email me at misshoney74@gmail.com
    thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,
    I've been missing these after I tried it during CNY.
    Can you share the recipe with me, please? My email is layho38@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello,
    Hope you don't mind sharing this recipe with me too. Can you email the recipe to jeslynnnnn@hotmail.com? THANKS! (:

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear all,

    I will update the recipe here here soon... stay tuned.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi .. I want to impress my husband too . Can you share your thin slice biscotti with me too .
    My email is acerbiceve@yahoo.co.uk.
    Thank you and Happy New Year .

    Best wishes

    Liza

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Liza,
    Recipe is available in the post, just click on the "Read More" and it will bring you to the full post page. Happy baking!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Liza,

    Great recipe! How do you slice the biscotti thinly? I've tried using a serrated knife, but it breaks under pressure. :(

    ReplyDelete
  11. I trief this recipe..but it does come out like yours. Not sure where i make the mistake

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by.
Have a wonderful day ☆彡
(Comment with an ads link will be deleted.)