Cooked this fried rice with Taiwanese sausage, sweet corn and etc... quick lunch for the lazy and tired day. "Stopped over" at home for a day before departing to another destination so used whatever was available in the fridge.
Ingredients ( 2 servings):
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 Taiwanese sausage,
- 2-3 leaves Chinese cabbage, chopped
- Handful sweet corn kernel
- 1 egg
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chopped shallot, toasted sesame seed and seaweed for garnish (optional)
- Heat oil in non-stick pan, stir in garlic and Taiwanese sausage. Stir-fry for about 1 minute or until garlic is browned lightly.
- Add in egg, stir rapidly to break the egg into small pieces. Then add in rice, stir-fry for 2-3 minutes. Cooking time will be longer if chilled rice is used.
- Add in cabbage and corn kernel, stir-fry until cabbage is soften. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Dish out, garnish with chopped shallot, sesame seed and seaweed if desired.