Recipe adapted from Amy Beh's CB recipe on Kuali, it tasted lots better the next day, with its unique aroma that is pretty close to store-bought Chicken Biscuit.
300g plain flour sifted
1 tsp baking powder
¼ tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
½ tbsp pounded garlic
2 pieces nam yee (red fermented bean curd)
1 large egg, lightly beaten
40g sesame seeds
100g candied winter melon, minced
¼ tsp ground pepper
½ tsp five-spice powder
¼ tsp cinnamon powder
30g cooking oil
- Preheat oven at 160ºC. Grease baking trays lightly or line with with parchment paper.
- Combine all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl, mix well to form soft dough.
- Divide dough into small balls then roll out each ball in between two sheets of parchment paper.
- Transfer rolled dough onto prepared trays and bake in preheated oven for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown and crispy.
- Cool on rack completely then store in airtight containers.