Ginseng Chicken Soup (人参鸡汤)

Ginseng Chicken Soup

T is crazy about this soup since he tasted it at my mom's place during Chinese New Year. I realised he liked my mom's cooking quite a lot, he often asked for dishes she cooked when we were back from my mom's place. Maybe I should learn from my master more...

Ginseng Chicken Soup


Ingredients (2-3 servings):

  • 300g free-range chicken, chopped
  • 10g ginseng slices
  • 500ml hot water
  • 3-4 red dates
  • 1 tbsp wolf berries
  • Salt to taste
  • Shallot for garnish

Methods:

  1. Put everything except salt and shallot in a slow-cooker, cook on auto mode for 3-4 hours. Sometimes I cooked it overnight on low mood, with a bit more water.
  2. Add salt to taste and garnish if desired. Serve warm.

This is a scheduled post, I am so busy... busy like a bee!


Comments :

5 comments to “Ginseng Chicken Soup (人参鸡汤)”
little prince's mummy said...
on 

Drooling!~

Bits of Life 'n' Taste said...
on 

Hi, first time here... hopped from mamypoko club... your site is fantastic!

tigerfish said...
on 

I feel like having this soup NOW! Been under the weather for past few days.

Lydia said...
on 

little prince's mummy,
Now I know you are a soup lover too! :D

Bits of Life 'n' Taste,
Thanks for dropping by and compliments. Hope you enjoy your 'trip' here.

tigerfish,
Are you still in SG?

Roossy Tirta said...
on 

I have been trying to find recipes for nutritious soup. Thanks for sharing!Got to try this soup!

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs
 

Please Ask First

© 2005 - 2016 by Lydia Teh My Kitchen All Rights Reserved Do NOT republish any or part of contents and photographs without prior written consent from My Kitchen. E-mail: lydia_teh[at]yahoo[dot]com

Free subscription to MK, enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner