***It's raining now, my boy sleeping soundly in the living room. I better get this post up before he wakes up.***
1 cup frozen green pea, thawed
1 small onion, chopped
1 small potato, diced
1 tbsp butter
1 cup water or stock (I used water, added pinch of dashi powder)
1 cup full cream milk*
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
*If using cream, add more water or stock and use half a cup of cream.
- Heat a medium pot. Melt butter and saute onion and potato for 1 minute or so.
- Add in green pea and water or stock. Bring to boil and let it simmer on low heat for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Add milk, salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer soup to the blender, blend till smooth.
- Return mixture to pot and bring to simmer.
- Serve warm with extra cream on the top if desired.