Green Pea Soup

Creamy Green Peas Soup

Anyone else bought a blender for making creamy soup? I bought one last week, on T's request. He loves creamy soup very much, such as mushroom soup, pumpkin soup and this green pea soup. I cooked this soup for light lunch, served with homemade pizza buns. Buns made with pizza dough and really simple pizza toppings is equal to pizza buns I suppose?

***It's raining now, my boy sleeping soundly in the living room. I better get this post up before he wakes up.***

Creamy Green Peas Soup

Ingredients:
1 cup frozen green pea, thawed
1 small onion, chopped
1 small potato, diced
1 tbsp butter
1 cup water or stock (I used water, added pinch of dashi powder)
1 cup full cream milk*
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste

*If using cream, add more water or stock and use half a cup of cream.

Methods:
  1. Heat a medium pot. Melt butter and saute onion and potato for 1 minute or so.
  2. Add in green pea and water or stock. Bring to boil and let it simmer on low heat for 15 to 20 minutes.
  3. Add milk, salt and pepper to taste.
  4. Transfer soup to the blender, blend till smooth.
  5. Return mixture to pot and bring to simmer.
  6. Serve warm with extra cream on the top if desired.

Comments

  1. Hi
    You bot a blender to do this creamy soup...great.

    I am also thinking of getting a blender. Which one did you buy? Kenwood?

    Hear from you!
    : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice recipe...wil give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks very healthy and yummy at the same time..! definitely good for my diet.. hehe ..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,

    I love your blog and I have passed an award to you. Pls collect it from my blog. Thanks so much for those marvelous and delicious recipes u shared with us.

    Cheers,
    Elin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Irene,
    I bought philip brans, the one with ice crusher function and a small blender for spices.

    Mery,
    Hope your boy will like it... my boys(old and young) liked it a lot.

    tigerfish,
    Still getting tools for your kitchen in SG??

    tracieMoo,
    Looks like someone is on diet now.

    Hi Elin,
    Thanks for dropped by and award. Will check it out soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice recipe....I will try it on New year day


    karen from Malta

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Karen,
    Hope you will like this soup. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by.
Have a wonderful day ☆彡
(Comment with an ads link will be deleted.)