Spicy Crab Stick Dip

Dip_SpicyCrabStick

T likes to have a drink or two with some finger foods before dinner. Before kids came along, I always prepared finger food for his ban-shaku (drink and snack/finger food before dinner). Now, if only time allowed I would prepare some quick snacks such as tempura, prawn fritter, spring roll and dips. He often asked me to share those snack recipes here, but dinner time is usually the busiest time for me. No time for the presentation and snapping the photo.

For this one, I prepared in advance as dips usually need to be prepared in advance, lets say at least half-an hour prior. I served it with wanton crisps, it was lovely. I had the leftover for my sandwich the next day, tasted so good!

Dip_SpicyCrabStick_1

Ingredients (makes 1/2 cup):
4-5 pc crab stick, chopped
2 tbsp mayonnaise
2 tbsp sour cream
1 tsp lemon juice
1 tsp sambal (sambal tumis for nasi lemak)
Salt to taste

Methods:

  1. In a small bowl, bring all ingredients together except crab stick. Mix until well blended.
  2. Stir in crab stick, cover with plastic wrap and keep in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
  3. Serve with crispy bread, pita, wanton crisps, etc.

Note: Sambal may be substituted with tomyam paste or other flavour desired.


Comments

  1. Way to go for adding that sambal ;p

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary,
    Thanks for your invitation, I appreciate it.

    tigerfish,
    Don't you love spicy food?

    ReplyDelete
  3. For the wanton crisps, does it mean that you just fry the wanton skin?

    ReplyDelete
  4. homegirl,
    Yes. You can also cut them into desired shape with cookies cutter before frying like in my other dip recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice recipe, this is really yummy. There is nothing to argue about. Keep posting stuff like this i really like it. thank you for sharing this recipe..

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by.
Have a wonderful day ☆彡
(Comment with an ads link will be deleted.)