160 ml Japanese dark soy sauce - contains <18% of salt (similar to Malaysian light soy sauce) Methods:
Combine all ingredients in a sauce pan, bring to boil over high heat then simmer until the volume is slightly reduced (about 10%).
To cook chicken or fish teriyaki:
- Marinate chicken or fish (not too thick) in some sauce for an hour.
- Remove chicken/fish (pat dry with paper towel if desired), and reserve the sauce.
- Heat oil in pan (just enough to coat the pan) and pan-fry chicken/fish until almost done.
- Add in the sauce reserved, bring to boil then simmer until it is reduced.
- Serve warm with steamed rice.