Ingredients (makes 12 pcs):
12 pcs Dumpling Wrapper
100gm minced pork
1 tsp finely chopped ginger
1 tsp oyster sauce
¼ tsp garlic powder or finely chopped garlic
1 tsp sesame oil
1 tsp mirin (optional)
¼ tsp salt or to taste
¼ tsp ground white pepper
½ tbsp corn flour
½ cup finely chopped kimchi
- Filling: Bring together all ingredients except kimchi in a medium mixing bowl, mix well and marinate for 10-15 minutes.
- Squeeze out all liquid in kimchi and chop finely, add in (1) and mix well.
- Assemble: Place one tablespoonful of filling in the middle of each wrapper. Wet the edges of the dumpling with water in necessary. Fold the wrapper over the filling into a half moon shape and pinch the edges to seal.
- Cook: Heat oil in a medium size non-stick frying pan, arrange dumplings in the pan. Pour in hot water and cover the pan immediately. Dumplings will be cooked by hot steam. Listen to the sizzling sound, once the sizzling sound goes off remove the cover. Let it cook further for 1-2 minutes. Flip dumplings over, pan-fry the other side until lightly browned.
- Serve warm with dumpling vinegar and finely shredded ginger.