Ingredients (makes 9"):
1 cup Kimchi, chopped
2 stalks spring onion, chopped
100 g prawn or squid/seafood/bacon
½ cup all-purpose flour
1 large egg
Salt to taste
2 tbsp cooking oil
- Squeeze out liquid in the kimchi, reserve the liquid and chop kimchi if desired. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, bring together flour, egg, kimchi liquid, enough water to make batter and salt to taste. Mix until just blended, the batter should be thin but not runny.
- Add in kimchi, spring onion and seafood. Stir to mix.
- Heat one tablespoon of oil in a non-stick pan, pour in batter and swirl the pan a bit to spread it out.
- Pan-fry on low-medium heat until it is browned lightly, flip over and add in another tablespoon of oil. Pan-fry until it is browned lightly/cooked.
- Transfer to serving plate and serve warm with Korean chilli sauce (gochujang) or any sauce as desired.
- If adding bacon, arrange them in the pan before pouring in the batter.
- Some chopping red chilli maybe added for extra "umph".
- You may need a large plate for flipping over the pancake without breaking it.
- My pancake is quite thick, you can make it thinner if desired.