I made some orange marmalade (or I should call it jam?) with juicer pulp of 10 oranges. It would be wasteful if throwing away the pulp with lots of juice in it, not just moist but juicy. Obviously our juicer did not do a good job. I personally do not like to use juicer not to mention about the waste, it is so troublesome to clean and put it away after use. Once awhile, for good reasons - J's activity and experience.
Well, perhaps I should thank my poor juicer for a jar (plus few tablespoons) of tasty marmalade. We had it with scones for afternoon tea the other day. T is a big fan of marmalade, thumb's up from him.
Zest of 2-3 oranges
Zest of 1 lemon
Pulp from juicer (10 oranges), remove membranes
Juice of 1 lemon
Sugar to taste
- In a pot, bring all ingredients together.
- Bring to boil then simmer on low heat without cover.
- Stir constantly and remove chunks or membranes, if any.
- Cook until thick paste is formed.
- Remove from heat and transfer to a jar while it is still hot.