Had some canned peaches leftover from decorating a cake, planned to bake peach cake but could not find a simple peach cake recipe after few search online. Thus, baked some muffins with the recipe I have instead. They had great texture, moist and fluffy. What I liked the most was the sweet peachy aroma. I just love peaches.
I tried baking them using square cupcake moulds, they turned out great. Nice square shape, more eye pleasing than usual round muffin. What do you think?
300 g All-purpose flour
1 tbsp Baking Powder
1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
120 g Butter
150 g Brown Sugar
2 no. Large Eggs
1 tub Peach Yogurt (small tub, 135g)
2 tbsp Liquid (from the canned peach)
4 pcs Canned Peaches, chopped (4 pcs of halved peaches)
- Sift together flour, baking powder and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together butter and brown sugar until creamy. Add in eggs in batches and whisk until the mixture is fluffy.
- Fold in flour in batches, alternate with liquid/yogurt.
- Fold in chopped peaches. Transfer batter into muffin cases, 80% full.
- Bake in preheated oven, at 175C for 25 minutes.
- Cool on rack.
- For topping, lemon icing or streusel maybe added.
- If using fresh peach, use the ripe ones and try to add some peach puree in the batter. Then, adjust the amount of liquid.