Photographing pancake is really challenging for me. I had to work quickly before honey being absorbed by the pancakes, says less than 10 seconds after honey is drizzled over. Further more, I had only one "model" no chance to re-shoot after that.
Ingredients (makes 4 servings):
160ml Fresh / Full Cream Milk
20ml White Vinegar
20g Butter, melted
1 Medium Egg, lightly beaten
150g All-purpose Flour, sifted
10g Milk Powder
1 tsp Baking Powder
½ tsp Baking Soda
½ tsp Salt
1 tbsp Matcha Powder
- Mix milk with vinegar and set aside for about five minutes to make sour milk.
- In a large mixing bowl, bring together all dry ingredients.
- Make a well in the center then pour in egg, sour milk and melted butter. Mix until no more lumps.
- Heat a non-stick pan on medium heat and grease with cooking oil lightly. Sprinkle some water in the pan to bring the heat down a little.
- Transfer about ¼ cup of batter onto the pan, cook on medium heat until bubbles start to appear. Flip over and cook till lightly browned.
- Served warm with fruits and honey or maple syrup.