Ingredients (2 servings):
1 kg Chicken, chop into serving size
1 tsp salt
½ tsp Za'atar Spice
½ tsp Curry Powder
¼ tsp Chilli Powder
¼ tsp Ground Coriander Seed
¼ tsp Ground Black Pepper
Pinch of Chinese 5-spice Powder
½ tbsp Grated Ginger
½ tbsp Grated Garlic
Vegetable Oil for deep-fry
3-4 tbsp All-purpose Flour
1 sprig Curry Leaf
- Put chicken and marinade ingredients in a strong plastic bag then shake well till chicken pieces are coated with spices evenly. Keep them in the refrigerator for few hours or overnight.
- Coat chicken pieces with all-purpose flour and put aside for few minutes or till flour has absorbed moist from chicken.
- Heat oil in a deep pan for frying chicken, drop in chicken and curry leaves. Fry with medium heat till chicken is cooked, not too brown at this stage.
- Turn the heat up to high and continue to fry for another one to two minutes. By doing so, fried chicken will be less greasy.
- Transfer chicken to wire rack or a plate lined with paper towel to drain the excess oil.