Do you like my kitty with freckles? This barley jelly aka agar-agar was made with leftover barley soup I cooked last night. I ground the barley before cooking, it cooked faster and better for little ones digestion. In fact, J and I love barley both in sweet and savory version. He called it "dou dou" (bean) soup.
Ingredients:2 cups barley soup (with sugar added)
½ sachet agar-agar powder (7g/sachet)
- Add agar-agar powder into room temperature barley soup, stir till well blended.
- Bring to a boil with low-medium heat. Stir constantly.
- Transfer to mould and cool then chill before serving.
Silicon kitty moulds I used for this jelly.
Okay, now is the most important part I am gonna make it short and straight forward. I am giving away SIX goodie bags for MK's 6th birthday celebration. Well, I have not decided all items to be included in the bag yet but for sure some of these items will be in the bag.
How to participate?
- "Like" My Kitchen page on Facebook, the "Like" button is located at the top-right corner.
- Leave a comment in THIS post, tell me (1)which item in this album that you wish to have and (2)your FB ID if it is different from your blogger ID.
- Please comment before 14 May 2011, 23:59PM Malaysia time.
- Winners will be randomly draw by my 3-year old boy and the result will be posted on My Kitchen and My Kitchen on Facebook.