Bought some chicken wings and did not know what to do with them until I found a bottle of Korean chili sauce in the fridge. It's time to clear some items in my fridge especially those dried food and sauce jars.
This spicy wing is good with a drink, T had it with both sake and beer. Me? If I am allowed to be drunk, give me cold beer.
6 chicken wings, clean and pat dry with paper towel
3 heap tbsp gochujang (chili sauce/paste)
1 tbsp soy sauce
2 tsp cooking wine (I used sake)
1 tsp grated ginger
1 tsp grated garlic
½ tsp salt or to taste
Pinch of sugar
1 tbsp sesame oil
3 tbsp kimchi liquid
½ cup water
Greens for garnish
- Divide drumlet and middle wing. Make a slit on the thick part (both drumlet and middle wing) with a sharp knife.
- Put all ingredients A together, mix well and marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat pan, add in sesame oil. Pan fry chicken wings till browned on both sides.
- Add in liquid from marinating the chicken, kimchi liquid and water. Cook on low heat, with the lid on till the chicken is cooked.
- Cook further to reduce sauce. Transfer to serving plate, garnish (if desired) and serve warm.
If you wish, you can cook it on grill or BBQ, just add kimchi liquid into the marinade.