Apple Ice Blocks [Cool Summer Treat]

Apple Iceblock

This was the thing that made J(3y5m) came to me with a cute little cheeky face and whispered to me "ice block". It was his strategy after few 'no" from me but it did not work too (this mama is really bad).  He loved it so much that I had to hide one for myself his treat the next day.

The end result didn't turn out as I wanted it to be,  the kiwi did not stand out that much. Perhaps using bigger chunk of kiwi fruit or colourful fruits will be nicer. Having said that, I loved this ice block too as I know all the real stuff in it and it tasted good.


Apple Iceblock


Ingredients (4 blocks):
200ml 100% apple juice + few drops lemon juice
50ml hot water
½ tsp gelatin powder
1 tsp sugar
1 apple, peeled and chopped
1 kiwi fruit, peeled and sliced

Methods:
  1. Dissolve gelatin and sugar in hot water then mix well with apple juice. Set aside.
  2. Fill each ice block mould with apple and a slice of kiwi fruit, pack as much as possible.
  3. Pour in apple juice carefully, insert the pop-stick then keep in the freezer overnight.

Note:
Kiwi fruit is to add colour to ice block, it can be substituted with other vibrant colour fruit.

Comments