Blueberry Cake/蓝莓蛋糕/ブルーベリーケーキ

Blueberry Cake
For some reasons, I have not been baking for awhile. Summer is ideal for bread baking but I rarely baked last summer, in response to the city office's setsuden (節電/electricity saving) campaign. Each household received a blackout schedule in the event of supply shortage. Residents in our zone did well in setsuden I suppose, we did not experience any blackout last summer.

Now, as the weather has becoming cooler and there is no need to use air conditioner (not even fan) throughout the day. No more setsuden, I started to bake again. I love this cake very much, soft and moist. And, another reason I fond on it is that it is not crumbly will not fall apart easily and make a mess when my boys eat.

I like to bake with organic blueberry, find it sweeter and taste better than fresh ones. The choice is yours.


Ingredients (9" round pan):
  • 200 ml fresh cream
  • 3 eggs
  • 150 g sugar
  • 200 g cake flour, sift together with baking powder twice
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1 tsp vanilla essence
  • 100 g blueberry yogurt
  • 100 g wild/organic blueberry

Method:
  1. Beat cream till stiff peaks and set aside.
  2. Beat egg and sugar together till soft peaks, then combine with beaten cream.
  3. Stir in yogurt and vanilla, fold flour, and mix in blueberry.
  4. Bake in preheated oven, at 170C for 40 minutes.
  5. Cool completely on a wire rack, serve at room temperature or chilled.

 Blueberry Cake 

Comments

  1. Hi

    Your blueberry cake look very yummy :)

    You mentioned you used organic blueberry... Are they fresh ones or the dried ones ?!

    Thank you.. Will be trying this very soon

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used frozen organic blueberry, but fresh ones will be good too with this recipe. Same amount.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm on my way to the kitchen to try this recipe with berries I picked yeasterday. But I will be converting it to US measurements, Wish me luck. North Corolina, USA

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck! Hope you are enjoying the cake by now.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by.
Have a wonderful day ☆彡
(Comment with an ads link will be deleted.)