Pan-Fried Fish With Tomato Basil [Gift From The Sea]

Fish with tomato and basil

I craved for this last few days, cooked it yesterday at last. Actually, I am trying to eat more fish in healthy way, to increase my protein intake so that I will consume less carbohydrate. This dish is not only healthy but also easy to prepare, and delicious of course. If you like basil and fish, sure this is a dish for you.

In Japan, horse-mackerel (maru aji/丸鰺) is now in season so I did not spent much time in deciding what fish to use. Basically, any type of white fish can be used for this dish if I am not wrong. Do enlighten me.

Ingredients (3 servings):
  • 3 horse-mackerel (about 100g each), clean and fillet (total 6 fillets)
  • 1 tbsp olive oil
  • Salt and pepper

  • 1 large tomato, diced
  • Juice of 1/2 lemon
  • 1/2 lemon, slice for garnish/serving
  • 1-2 prigs basil (use only leaf), chop briefly

Method:
  1. Heat a non-stick pan, add in olive oil and fillets with skin side down. Sprinkle some salt and pepper over the fillets, cook on low heat on both sides till done. Transfer to serving plates.
  2. Combine tomato, basil, lemon juice, and oil from frying the fish in a bowl. Mix well then pour over the fillets. 
  3. Garnish with lemon and basil. Some salt and/or extra virgin olive oil maybe added just before serving.


Cook's notes:
  • I did not cook the tomato, cook it together with basil after frying the fish, if preferred. And, some chopped garlic maybe added too.
  • Calorie for a serving (2 fillets/1 fish) is about 260cals and 22g protein per serving, I used CalorieKing.com.au for calorie count and did not take into consideration of extra oil in step 3.

Fish with tomato and basil 


Comments

  1. So simple to prepare and cook.Ideal for busy mother like me.
    thanks for the share.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by.
Have a wonderful day ☆彡
(Comment with an ads link will be deleted.)