Special Sour-Spicy Shiitake [特色酸辣冬菇]

Sour and Spicy Shiitake

After a long long break from blogging, it is time to have a date with my laptop. For the past few months, I was on half holiday mood as both my boys attending primary school and kindergarten. Theoretically, I should had more time for blogging but I really enjoyed "me" time after being a 24hrs guardian for more than 5 years.

Me time, I enjoy doing things alone or do nothing at all. At least one a week, I enjoyed groceries shopping ALONE , slowly, and without having have to worry about boy(s) gone missing while I shop or repeating "no, you cannot buy this". Taste of the freedom again after boys came along, something I longed for. And, date with hubby resumed. SAHMs, you need such freedom too. Right?

Well, half day kids free does not mean off from house chores. Chores never ended, and there are always empty stomachs to feed. So, here come a really simple and appertizing recipe I created. It is featured on Y3K issue no. 72, along with 3 other vegetarian recipes.

Special Sour-Spicy Shiitake

Ingredients:
6 medium size fresh shiitake mushroom
1 tbsp Thai chili sauce
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp soy sauce
1 tsp chili oil (辣油)
Salt to taste

Method:
  1. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except mushroom, set aside.
  2. Cut shiitake into bite size, cook without oil until mushroom is softened.
  3. Transfer mushroom into (1), while it is still hot.
  4. Marinate for at least 30 minutes, serve in room temperature. 

Y3K  Issue72 


Comments

  1. its kinda hard for me to find fresh shitake mushroom.its always sold out..grrr....

    ReplyDelete
  2. try with other fresh mushroom, perhaps?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by.
Have a wonderful day ☆彡
(Comment with an ads link will be deleted.)