Making croutons is a great way to turn stale bread into delicious snack. Yes, snack. When I made this, it was meant for caesar salad toppings but both my young and old boys had it as snack, a big container was gone before the salad was ready. Luckily, I saved a small amount for salad.
Croutons is easy to make at home with any ingredients available in the pantry, I used butter but feel free to use olive oil or vegetable oil spray. Also, seasoning can be substituted with spices preferred such as garlic or onion powder, chopped herbs, and so on. All you need is to cut the bread, coat it with seasonings, and bake.
- 6 slices white bread (1 cm in thickness), diced
- 1 tbsp ranch dressing
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 130ºC.
- Mix together ranch dressing and melted butter in a bowl.
- Put diced bread into a clean plastic bag, drizzle (2) over bread and sprinkle salt and pepper. Gently, shake the bag to coat the bread with seasonings evenly.
- Line a baking tray with cooking sheet or aluminum foil, spread bread in single layer.
- Bake for 10 minutes, toss the croutons (for even colour) and bake for additional 10 minutes. Turn the heat off, leave it in the oven with oven door ajar for 10 minutes.
- Cool completely, store in an airtight container.
* * * * *
Next, sharing with you guys a game that my boys love to play in the park. A game to kill times with no prior preparation required. Paper, scissors, rock, the winning party get to climb up one step and the person reaches the top first win.