~ Guess and win! ~
Which is the post with most page view? Just make a guess and win, as easy as that!
I have been posting about My Kitchen 10 most popular recipes on MK Facebook page recently, 2nd to 10th most popular recipes were announced and it is time to guess which post/recipe scored the 1st place. Prize? Winner will receive a box filled with Japanese cooking ingredients, snacks and kitchen stuff. Check out the details and hint here and enter now!
* * * * * * * * * *
Sweet Potato and Pumpkin Salad recipe was featured in Y3K Recipes (issue no. 77), along with three other recipes. This salad is one of the popular side dishes in bento especially during late summer when pumpkin and sweet potato are abundant.
Even though it is called salad but it tasted more like a dessert dish to me, natural sweetness from both sweet potato and pumpkin makes it a healthy dessert that satisfy my craving for something sweet. Steamed sweet potato is low in GI and a cup of boiled pumpkin contains only 49 calories but packed with numerous essential nutrients. Why not?
Sweet Potato and Pumpkin Salad
- 150g pumpkin
- 150g sweet potato
- 1 hard-boiled egg
- 1 tbsp cheese powder
- 2 tbsp Japanese mayonnaise
- Pinch of salt
- 2-3 leaves lettuce
- Tomato for garnish
- Clean sweet potato and pumpkin, peel briefly then cut into chunks. Steamed until well cooked. Let it cool down to room temperature.
- In a large bowl, mash the egg then mix in (1).
- Mix in cheese, mayonnaise and salt. Mash a little if it is too chunky, ready to serve. It can be served either at room temperature or chilled.
- To serve, transfer salad onto a dish lined with lettuce, garnish with tomato and cheese powder.