It is now summer in Japan, the hot weather in Kyoto is killing me. However, summer is a great season to enjoy outdoor activities such as rooftop beer garden and hanabi matsuri (fireworks festival). Hanabi matsuri in our area (Kizugawa City) will be held on 30th July this year. If you planned to visit Nara or Southern part of Kyoto around that time, perhaps you can include it in your itinerary. There will be music, show, food stalls, and firework at the riverbank.
Well, let's talk about this recipe. It is something really easy to prepare and it can be served as topping for rice or noodles, or as filling for sandwich. You can also add some herbs to create a different variation, such as curry powder. This recipe is featured in Y3K Recipes issue no. 71 together with Village-Style Miso Soup, and two other miso recipes published in year 2013.
Miso Minced Meat / 味增肉碎
- 200 g Minced Meat (mixture of beef and pork)
- 1 tbsp Awase Miso
- Some Mixed Vegetable (optional)
- 1 tsp Cooking Oil
- *1 tsp Sake
- *1 tsp Mirin
- *1 tsp Soy sauce
- *1 tsp Sugar
- Marinate minced meat with * ingredients for about 10 minutes.
- Heat a non-stick pan, add in the oil and minced meat. Stir-fry until the colour turned brown slightly.
- Add in the miso paste and mix well. Then add in the mixed vegetable and continue to cook until the meat is well done.
- Serve warm with steamed rice or use as sauce for noodles/pasta.
Y3K Recipes issue no. 71 was published in 2013, perhaps you already have a copy on your bookshelves.