Summer Salad - Sydney Style


Bought some mushrooms, French beans and squids last Friday was planning to cook pasta with mushroom Alfredo sauce and squids salad with French beans on Saturday. Hence, I kept all ingredients including squids in the fridge. Saturday afternoon Tak was complaining boring, so we went to city to visit art gallery, dinner and karaoke. As for Sunday, we slept till 10am then went out for dim sum restaurant and went to sports club which located opposite the Chinese restaurant. Spent whole afternoon there and Tak requested to have braised pork for dinner.

Finally, I can use those ingredients tonight. Had leftover braised pork for dinner and used all ingredients except squids in this salad. Where are squids? They are in the bin! Well, I like it very much with this dressing especially the raw mushroom. I asked Tak to name this salad as I did not know what to call it, Summer Salad Sydney Style he named.

Here you go, my "throw-in" salad dressing recipe using what we had in the pantry.
Ingredients (Dressing):
1 tbsp Lemon Juice
1/2 tbsp Fish Sauce
1/2 tbsp Sugar
1/2 tsp Chili Sauce (or 1 small chili finely chopped)
2 clove garlic, finely chopped
1 tsp Sesame Oil
I used harusame (mung beans vermicelli), cabbage, French beans, carrot and white mushroom.

Comments