Mushroom Rice

Mushroom Rice

Went to do marketing to stock up my fridge yesterday. The white oyster mushroom looked so fresh so I bought two packets since both T and I love mushroom very much. I usually cooked mushroom in stir-fry, soup, claypot dishes, etc. I tried something new last night, cooked mushroom rice and served it with grilled fish and pickled cabbage. It was a healthy dinner, not even a single drop of oil is used in the cooking.

Ingredients (2 servings):
1 cup uncooked rice, rinsed
150g white oyster mushroom
Handful shredded black fungus
Handful chopped carrot + few slices carrot for garnish
1 tbsp light soy sauce
Water
1 tbsp toasted sesame seed

Methods:
  1. In the rice cooker, bring together rice, chopped carrot and shredded black fungus. Fill in water and soy sauce, then arrange mushroom and sliced carrot on the top. Cook the rice with lid on.
  2. Stir in toasted sesame seed just before serving, or simply sprinkle it over the rice.

Comments