Ginseng Chicken Soup (人参鸡汤)

Ginseng Chicken Soup

T has been craving about this soup since he tasted it at my mom's place during Chinese New Year. I realized that he liked my mom's cooking quite a lot and often asked for dishes she cooked after we got back from my mom's place. Maybe I should learn from my master more...

Ginseng Chicken Soup


I like to use chicken feet in this kind of slow-cooked soup, for its collagen. However, you have my permission to omit it. Before scrolling down to check my recipe, I would like to share with you guys an interesting article - 13 Health Benefits of Ginseng & How It Helps in Weight Loss. It is mentioned in the article that the Ginseng can be grown from seeds. How interesting!

Ingredients (2-3 servings):

  • 300g free-range chicken, chopped
  • 10g ginseng slices
  • 500ml hot water
  • 3-4 red dates
  • 1 tbsp wolf berries
  • Salt to taste
  • Chopped scallion for garnish

Methods:

  1. Put everything except the salt and scallion in a slow-cooker, cook on the auto mode for 3-4 hours. Sometimes I cooked it overnight on the low mode, with a bit more water.
  2. Add in salt to taste and garnish if desired. Serve warm.

Comments

  1. Hi, first time here... hopped from mamypoko club... your site is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like having this soup NOW! Been under the weather for past few days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. little prince's mummy,
    Now I know you are a soup lover too! :D

    Bits of Life 'n' Taste,
    Thanks for dropping by and compliments. Hope you enjoy your 'trip' here.

    tigerfish,
    Are you still in SG?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been trying to find recipes for nutritious soup. Thanks for sharing!Got to try this soup!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by.
Have a wonderful day ☆彡
(Comment with an ads link will be deleted.)