Salted Egg Fried Chicken (咸蛋炸鸡)

Salted Egg Fried Chicken


I had salted fish fried chicken in a Chinese restaurant lately. It was good, everyone at the table agreed with it. I was planning to try it at home, but only realised I had no more salted fish after I got all other stuff ready. Thus, cooked it with salted egg instead.

It was not as good as the one prepared with salted fish, but it was good enough to make me ask for more especially serving as pre-dinner plate with chilled beer.

Ingredients:
A:
5 chicken wings
2 tsp fish sauce
1 tsp five-spice powder
1 tsp ground pepper
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp Salt
2 clove garlic (finely chopped)
2-3 slices ginger (finely chopped)
B:
2 salted egg yolks
2-3 tbsp potato flour or corn flour
Oil for deep-frying

Methods:
  1. Put all ingredients except salted egg yolks in a plastic bag.
  2. Turn to coat chicken wings with marinade. Marinate for at least 30minutes (keep in the fridge).
  3. Heat oil in wok. Meanwhile, coat chicken wings with potato flour. Easy way is to transfer chicken wings into another plastic bag (dry), add in flour, then shake the bag to coat.
  4. Deep fry chicken wings until golden brown, drain the oil.
  5. Add about 1 tbsp of oil in the wok, stir in salted egg yolks and use the spatula to mash them.
  6. Stir fry until browned lightly, then add in chicken wings and stir to coat. Ready to serve.

Comments

  1. Hi Lydia....

    This looks nice and tasty.. wow.... Must try but I think CMG will try first hehehe.. mama likes to 'kumpul' only.. cooking ... hmmm..

    ReplyDelete
  2. mamazieza,
    have u tried yet? or i should ask CMG first? :D

    little prince's mummy,
    please help yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. definitely going to try this one day. usually eat out just to have it.

    yumyum

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never tasted or heard about this in my place. If I do with salted fish. what would you recommend with it. Do I need to blend the fish and add into the flour so that it would stick to the fried chicken.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi scrap pot,

    Great idea. I have no doubt abt the taste, but I worry that salted fish flakes (I assume you flake it) will burnt before chicken is cooked. What do you think?

    Lydia

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by.
Have a wonderful day ☆彡
(Comment with an ads link will be deleted.)