A fishy pastry... it looks like Tuna Puff I made.
Recipe (Yield: 12)
- 1 Can Sardine in Tomato Sauce (large)
- 1 Medium Onion, chopped
- 3 sheets Frozen Pie/Puff pastry, cut into 4 pieces each
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 egg (for egg wash)
- Preheat oven at 180C.
- Remove sardine from can and put in a bowl, add only 3 tbls of the tomato sauce.
- Add in chopped onion, salt and pepper. Mix well and set aside.
- Egg wash the edges of each pie/puff pastry.
- Put 2 tbsp of sardine mixture in the centre of each pastry.
- Fold the pastry and seal it using a fork by pressing it along the edges.
- Egg wash and bake for 15-20mins.
Note:In sydney, canned sardine with tomato sauce can only be found in Asian Grocery store. If you like spicy foods, you can use sardine in tomato sauce and chilli.