Baked this banana cake last night for today's breakfast. Every time I bake this cake I will miss my dear brother and my ex-colleague because they love banana cake too. The banana cake that brother used to buy from Pudu Raya was very soft and moist.
So far I have only tried this banana cake recipe it tastes so nice that I would never look for another recipe. I was not sure what kind of banana cake it will be, was thinking it could be a western style cake. The very first bite of the first really surprised me and I felt so contented with a cake that tastes like 'home'.
¼ cup (60g) Sour Cream or Plain Yogurt
1 tsp Baking Soda
½ cup (115g) Butter
1 cup (200g) White Sugar
2 Eggs, Beaten
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 cup (225g) Mashed Bananas
1 ½ cup (215g) Cake Flour, sifted
**Measurement in metric included (updated on 18 Sept 07).
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees C. Grease and flour a 9" x 9" pan.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and beat well.
- Dissolve baking soda in the sour cream, add it into the butter mixture. Beat well.
- Stir in mashed bananas then fold in cake flour.
- Pour batter into baking pan and bake for 45 minutes or until done.