Mango with Glutinous Rice [We love mango!]

Mango with Glutinous Rice

I had this dessert few years ago when I visited Bangkok. I love glutinous rice and mango so this is definitely one of my favourite desserts. Another Thai dessert I fond on is icecream served with glutinous rice and topped with mango, tried that in Bangkok too.

When I made this, T and J didn't care much about the glutinous rice they simply loved the sweet and juicy mango. J ate so much that he complained "mama, tummy itai (ache)" then asked me to touch his little round tummy.

Mango with Glutinous Rice

Ingredients:
2 cups glutinous rice (soaked for 4-6 hours)
1 cup coconut milk
2 tbsp sugar
1/2 tsp salt
3 large ripe mango
2 tbsp coconut cream

Methods:
  1. Steam glutinous rice for 20 minutes or until it is cooked.
  2. In a saucepan combine cooked glutinous rice, sugar, salt and coconut milk and cook on medium heat for 5 minutes or until thick. Reduce heat and cover for 2 minutes.
  3. Peel and slice the mango just before serving to maintain its freshness and sweet taste.
  4. Mould the rice in the center of a serving dish and arrange the slices of mango on top of it.
  5. Drizzle the coconut cream over the rice and serve. (optional)
First posted on 16 Oct 2005.

Comments

  1. Hello,

    I found your blog through all recipes since you were featured on there. I saw your stuffed portabello mushroom recipe and it looks very good. What are your measurements converted to I guess (american conversions?) Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ehmmm.. ho do you cook a "sticky rice" i'm from italy and i love sweet rice recipe!! thank you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soak 1.5 cup of glutinous rice in cold water for at least 1 hour. Transfer rice to steamer and steam for 15-20mins or until rice is cooked through.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there,

    Do u happen to have a recipe for malaysian curry? The one usually served with roti canai?

    thanks and great site!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always cook chicken curry and lamb curry using Babas (brand) curry powder. I am not sure what type of curry you are asking as there are different types of curries for roti canai. I think so long you use Babas or other Malaysian brand curry powder you will be able to cook a pot of nice Malaysian curry. I will post my curry recipe together with photo once I cook curry again (to take photo).

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this cos it's got my favourite mango in it:D yum!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love mangos always! this look delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I bought this at Suvarnabhumi airport, Bangkok at 150 baht per packet during my recent visit there. Tai gui le, airport maa...

    ReplyDelete
  9. thks for sharing this wonderful dessert!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Do you know where in KL/Malaysia I can find a restaurant/cafe that serves this dessert? I've found a couple but never as satisfying or as tasty as the ones in Thailand!

    ps Love your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry, I have no idea about that. I am in Penang now.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by.
Have a wonderful day ☆彡
(Comment with an ads link will be deleted.)