Breakfast today... cinnamon rolls with cream cheese frosting, they tasted better with the cream cheese frosting.
Ingredients (10 pcs):
250gm bread flour
50gm all purpose flour
+/- 125ml fresh milk
6gm (2 tsp) dry yeast
1/2 tsp salt
30gm caster sugar
25gm butter extra (melted)
50g caster sugar
1 tbsp ground cinnamon
1 tbsp all purpose flour
25g cream cheese
40g icing sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- In a mixing bowl, bring together warm milk and egg. Amount of the mixture should be 200ml.
- Add in sugar and yeast, and stir until the sugar is melted. Set aside.
- Sift together fours with salt, make a well in the middle and add in milk mixture. Knead briefly to form a dough.
- Divide butter into 3 portions, knead with dough until the dough is not sticky. Continue to knead for 10 minutes.
- Place dough in slightly oiled bowl, cover with damp cloth or plastic wrap. Let rise for 1 hour or until doubled in size.
- Meanwhile, bring together all ingredients for cinnamon sugar and stir to mix. Set aside.
- Roll out dough into 20x40 cm rectangular, brush with melted butter. Leave 1 cm at edges un-brush.
- Sprinkle cinnamon sugar over the dough. Roll up from the long side, press the edges softly to seal.
- Cut roll into 10 pieces, place them in muffin tins or other baking pan. Let rise until doubled in size.
- Preheat oven to 190C.
- Bake for 10 minutes with 190C, then bake for another 5-8 minutes with 180C.
- Meanwhile, prepare cream cheese frosting by combining all ingredients and whisk till smooth paste is formed.
- Drizzle the frosting over the hot rolls.