Made this for breakfast, it was easy to make with the help of frozen puff pastry. I am sure cheese cake lovers would love this cheesy bar as well. It tasted good in room temperature, but tasted better after chilled in refrigerator for few hours. Both Tak and I agree that it tasted better than cheese cake, will definitely bake this again.
Ingredients (20 pcs 1.5" x 3"):
2 sheets puff pastry
250gm cream cheese
1/2 cup white sugar
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp lemon butter or lemon extract
1 tbsp margarine, melted
2 tbsp white sugar
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Grease a 8" x 8"pan.
- Line one sheet of puff pastry into the bottom of the prepared pan, prick pastry with fork.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the cream cheese, sugar, vanilla and lemon butter until smooth and creamy. Spread over the puff pastry layer.
- Lay second sheet of pastry on top of the cream cheese layer.
- Brush or pour the melted margarine over the entire pan. Combine 2 tbsp of sugar and cinnamon, and sprinkle over the top.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the top is crisp and golden.
- Cool completely and cut into bars or squares.