Another fusion dish... sauteed leek and carrot wrapped in snapper fillet, with a touch of curry to enhance the natural sweetness of the fish.
Ingredients (2 servings):
2 fish fillets
1/4 tsp crushed black pepper
Pinch of salt
1 cup chopped leek
1/2 cup shredded carrot
1 tbsp olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
1/2 tsp curry powder
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil (evil)
2 wedges lemon
6 cherry tomatoes, halved
- Heat olive oil in a skillet, saute leek and carrot until soften. Add salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Preheat over to oven grill mode or 200C.
- Season fillets with salt and pepper. Place fillet skin side up, put about 2 tbsp of sauteed leek on it and roll up. Secure the end with toothpick if necessary. Place the fillet rolls on a baking pan and grill or bake for 8 minutes.
- Put balance sauteed leek in the serving plate, and sit the grilled or baked fillet rolls on it. Discard toothpick.
- Drizzle evil over the fillet roll and dust curry powder. Garnish with cherry tomatoes and lemon.