Baked salmon served with coleslaw, baked potato topped with cheese and lemon wedges at the side.
T asked for salmon steak for dinner since 2 days ago. He is the one who has the craving for food now! Tried something new instead of the simple grilled salmon steak I usually cook last night. It took a little more time to prepare but worth it, most importantly T loved it. He is a fussy eater when come to salmon, either sashimi or cooked salmon.
Ingredients (2 servings):
400-500g salmon fillet, clean and pat dry with paper towel
¼-½ cup mayonnaise
1 tsp wasabi paste
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tbsp shredded cheese (add more if desired)
1 small pkt potato crisp, crushed (I used salt and vinegar flavour)
1 sprig of mini bush basil
- Preheat oven to 200 degree C. Line a baking tray with aluminium foil and spray with oil.
- In a small mixing bowl, mix together mayonnaise, wasabi paste, garlic and shredded cheese. Mix till combined.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper over the fillet, then put the fillet on the baking tray with the skin side down.
- Spread the mayonnaise mixture on top of the fillet, then sprinkle crushed crisps over it and gently press the crisps down into the mayonnaise mixture.
- Bake for 15 minutes (20 minutes for well-done) in the preheated oven.
- Place fillet on the serving plate, sprinkle basil over the fillet before serving to add aroma to the dish.