Vinegar Fish

Vinegar Fish

I cook this Japanese style vinegar fish stew quite often recently. It is easy to cook, healthy and most important we love it. I got the recipe from NHK cooking program, but I always cooked it with whatever was available in the kitchen.

No exact measurement for this recipe, taste along the way to get the flavour and sourness I want. To make this, bring together water (just enough to cover ish), white vinegar, sugar and light soy sauce in a small pot, then bring to boil. Turn the heat to low, then add in fish, ginger, onion and carrot. Let it simmer over low heat for 10-15 minutes with lid on, add salt to taste. Serve warm or in room temperature.

Comments

  1. It looks delicious and simple to cook!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lydia, I never know that has such a healthy and nice recipe.
    I wonder what will the fish taste like?

    ReplyDelete
  3. wonderful life: it is really simple to cook, best part is no need to use oil.

    joanne: tastes bit like teow chiew steamed fish with sour plum.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm..I never taste teo chiew steamed fish b4. Anyway, you are very creative in dishes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks just delish. I love fish cooked in vinegar.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lydia, what sort of fish do you normally use? Freshwater or normal market fish? Tks, want to try this soon, Mrs Singh

    ReplyDelete
  7. [eatingclub] vancouver || js:
    Any recipes to share? Would like to explore more in cooking with vinegar. Thanks.

    Mrs Singh:
    I used fish from the market, I think this one is called "cencaru" in Malay... sorry if I give you wrong name cos I can only distingush fishes by their look.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by.
Have a wonderful day ☆彡
(Comment with an ads link will be deleted.)