Instead of peanut cookies, I baked something different this year - green peas cookies. The recipe is adapted from a peanut cookies recipe, substituted peanut with green peas. I personally like it very much, tasting had turned into snacking. I doubled up this recipe, got three small containers of cookies. Should I bake more?
120 gm green peas, snack type (grinded)
100 gm icing sugar
¼ tsp salt
180 gm plain flour
100 gm vegetable oil
1 egg yolk
½ tbsp milk
- In a large mixing bowl, bring together all ingredients and mix until a dough is formed.
- Roll out dough between two sheets of plastic, about 1cm in thickness.
- Cut dough with cookies cutter and place onto baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Glaze with egg yolk mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven at 170ºC for about 15 mins or until the surface is browned.
- Cool completely on rack before storing.