Pancake Rolls

Pancake Rolls

Boring with the pancake? Try this one! I like to make this pancake roll for my boy, easy to make and eat. Never get bored with all sort of fillings, such as peanut butter, fruit jam, red bean paste and cheese. Get rolling?

These pancake rolls are so easy to make, children would be able to make it with little supervision from adult. Children, anything to do with the fire is dangerous. Well, the case is different at our home. When I was making them, John got a chair close to the stove and stood on it supervising me. Of course, he did the food tasting as well.

Pancake Rolls

Ingredients (makes 6):
1 cup All purpose flour
1 tbsp White sugar
1 tsp Baking Powder
½ tsp Baking Soda
4/5 cup Milk
1 Egg, beaten
½ tsp Vanilla Extract
½ tbsp Cooking Oil
Pinch of salt

Fillings (suggestion):
Sliced Cheese
Jam
Kaya
Red bean paste

Methods:

  1. Sift together flour with baking powder and baking soda, set aside.
  2. In a mixing bowl, bring together all other ingredients, mix until well blended.
  3. Stir in sifted flour and mix until just combined.
  4. Heat a non-stick pan on low heat, transfer one-sixth of the batter into the pan. Cook until bottom is golden brown.
  5. Remove from pan. When is cool enough to handle, place a slice of cheese on top or spread jam/kaya and roll it up. Set aside to cool with seal side down, this will help the roll to keep in shape.
  6. Cut into serving size, also to reveal the beautiful pinwheel pattern.

Pancake Rolls

This recipe will be featuring in Y3K Food Magazine, March/April 2010 Issue No. 53.

Comments

  1. Hi there Lydia,

    Thank you for this new idea. I have a 2 yo boy whom I'll be sending to a playgroup school soon. Here I am, scratching my head, thinking what I can prepare that he would eat during the morning break (for he is very choosy).

    One question, how do you spread out the batter so evenly? Usually when I pour the batter, they're usually not very evenly distributed and tend to be thicker in the middle.

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. great idea and cantik Lydia!!! I like it. nanti nak buat for Aimee's bentou ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Red-bean filling is my fav while my hb like peanut. Very finger-friendly rolls indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful! it must be great to arrange if you slice the rolls..

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful, absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The rolls are neat and even.

    Nice work. Will try this as I love pancakes.

    Thanks for sharing too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kathleen,
    Use low heat and swirl the pan so batter coat the pan evenly. If pan is too hot, the batter will be cooked before spreading out. FYI, this batter contains more milk than batter for the other pancake, so will be able to spread out easily.

    Hani,
    Thanks and hope Aimee will love it.

    tigerfish,
    I love both peanut butter and red bean filling. Not only kids love it... mama loves it too.

    Been & Beef Recipes,
    Thanks for the compliments!

    Irene,
    Hope you guys love it too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Was searching for dessert receipes and found ur blog. Absolutely love ur blog. I tried making the caramel custard pudding and the orange chiffon cake. Love them both! My younger brother says it good too.

    Will try makin these pancake rolls. It looks delicious and I happen to love pancake too! (well i love all kind of cakes, desserts..)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just made these, turned out lovely! Thanks for posting the tasty recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  10. hi lydia,
    wonderful idea u have there,would like to try later..
    may i know how much is the milk in ml measurement?

    ReplyDelete
  11. SaBby,
    Thanks for trying out some of my recipes. Hope you and your family will like this one too.

    Eva,
    Glad to hear that, and thanks for posting comment here.

    ukai sapa-sapa,
    The measuring cup I am using is 250ml per cup, so it's 200ml of milk.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am quite impressed and just wanted to let you know that you did a fine job on this article. However, I do have some unanswered questions that I would like to ask you. I will contact you via email so that you can clear some of these things up for me. Again, very well written article. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  13. thanks for your sharing..^^
    good menu..

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really liked the post and great tips..even I also think that hard work is the most important aspect of getting success keep it up :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this site wonderfull article very thanks…

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you for this information.On navigation you have given useful knowledge keep it up.:)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Danke für das leckere Rezept, viele Grüße aus Deutschland.

    ReplyDelete
  18. You are welcome, Makita.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by.
Have a wonderful day ☆彡
(Comment with an ads link will be deleted.)